The Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference is seeking a licensed attorney with substantial experience in DUI Prosecution to fill a Staff Attorney Position of this nature at the Conference Level.
This position reports to the Education and Training Director.
This position does require periodic, overnight in-state and out-of-state travel.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
(Within the parameters of the TN Highway Safety Office Grant)
- Assist in the implementation of the Tennessee District Attorney’s General training program, with an emphasis on the prosecution of drunk driving and vehicular homicide cases;
- Assist in the traffic safety training program of the Tennessee Highway Patrol;
- Serve as a liaison to the Tennessee Highway Patrol and the District Attorney’s General Conference and the Tennessee Highway Safety Office;
- Assist in the training program of the Tennessee Highway Safety Office with an emphasis on Field Sobriety Test classes;
- Serve as a consultant for prosecutors and law enforcement officers on traffic safety issues;
- Serve as special counsel or in an advisory capacity at trial in DUI related cases that will potentially cause a significant impact in Tennessee law;
- Assist in writing and/or updating the DUI manual for prosecutors;
- Provide articles for the DUI News and other publications; Participate in state andnational traffic safety conferences to remain current on the latest knowledge and issues in traffic safety.
Accepting applications through February 1, 2017.
See attachments for directions on how to apply.