Computer Support Specialist
The Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference is seeking a qualified individual to fill a Computer Support Specialist position. This individual must have excellent communication skills, be user-oriented and patient as they will provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware from computer users in local District Attorney’s Offices throughout the state.
Must have experience as help desk technician or other support role. Must have ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues. Experience with Office 365 and related technology, networking protocols, router and switch configurations, computer systems, mobile devices, printing, audio/video codecs and other technical products required. Experience with other web related technologies preferred.
Salary is commensurable with qualifications, based on a salary range of $2,908 - $3,905 monthly.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users
- Walk the user through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update user status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by users to the appropriate supervisor
- Identify and suggest improvements on procedures
- Onsite assistance may require unplanned travel or planned travel and overnight stays
- Annual replacement of equipment state-wide including, but not limited to, switches, routers, desktops, laptops, tablets, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Participation in Conference training events including, but not limited to, audio/visual needs