The TN District Attorneys General Conference is seeking an experienced candidate with a proven sense of accountability and ambition for financial stewardship to fill the role of Fiscal Director. The Fiscal Department includes 5 staff members and handles accounting functions including budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and grants. The Fiscal Director performs various accounting functions and coordinates the work of the entire Fiscal Team. The Fiscal Director supports and works directly with the Executive Director.
This position requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in fiscal services. State experience is highly preferred along with familiarity of the Edison system. The ideal candidate should have a proven ability to manage a small staff, to oversee implementation of new initiatives, and excellent communication skills. The position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes twelve days each of annual leave and sick leave, insurance plans, retirement plan, 401(k), college fee waivers and more.
- Supervise, train, and lead a team, providing fiscal guidance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on accounting policies, procedures for internal and external assistance to the districts.
- Management of grants, including assisting districts with the grant application process, budgeting, billing, and quarterly and yearly reporting.
- Managing payments for law library/online legal resources internally and for the districts.
- General Ledger reallocations/collections, running reports to help ensure correctness of the General Ledger.
- Processing and approving journals and inter-unit transactions between state agencies.
- Reconciling of revenue accounts and submitting quarterly/yearly reports
- Approving and reconciling deposits.
- Assisting with the budget process, budget requests and other duties as needed.
We will be accepting applications through Friday, January 11th.