Payroll HR Officer
The Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Payroll Officer. This individual is responsible for performing Payroll/HR administrative work related to daily operations of the Human Resources office. This individual reports directly to the HR Director and will work as backup to the HR Director in learning all HR functions to process new employees, salary increases, terminations, longevity, leave without pay and all other HR/Payroll functions.
Salary is commensurable with qualifications. Associates Degree or higher-level degree preferred in conjunction with administrative experience. Must pass a structured interview process and must pass a background check.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for handling confidential information daily.
- Handle information related to direct deposits and paychecks for employees.
- Process Additional payments to employees by calculating the payments and submitting the documentation into the system.
- Run check and balances quires in Edison.
- Check accuracy of preliminary payroll registers and running of registers.
- Post payroll cards on all employees and balance semi-annually.
- Enters monthly travel claims for Criminal Division into Edison for payment.
- Will be responsible for all Dual Service Employment Contracts for employees. Checks contracts for accuracy and submits through the approval process until finalized. Will be responsible for invoices pertaining to contracts and the processing of supplementals to pay employee.
- Processes Employment Verification Forms. Both verbal and written.
- Will be responsible for assisting employees concerning Garnishments, Liens, Direct Deposits, 401K.
- Tennessee Employee Charitable Campaign (TECC) Coordinator. Responsible for informing all DAGC employees statewide of the TECC and their opportunity to donate to up to three charitable agencies through payroll deduction. Processing all of the donation forms through Central Payroll and reporting campaign results to DOHR.
- Works as a liaison between the Conference Office and DOHR, Central Payroll, Benefits Administration.
We will be accepting applications through Friday, October 29th.