This Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Nominating Commission gives notice that, because the term of the Director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation will expire on June 30, 2022, the Commission will hold public meetings to screen and interview applicants pursuant to the scheduling order below. The Commission, pursuant to TCA 38-6-101, is charged with recommending three (3) nominees for consideration by the Governor for appointment to the office of Director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
Applications will be accepted until 12:00 noon Central Daylight time Friday, June 10, 2022. Applications should demonstrate the applicant’s experience and ability in the detection of crime and should be submitted by email to:
Kimberly Mantlo, Tennessee Department of Human Resources
A public meeting will be held on Monday June 13, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. CDT on the 1st Floor of the Cordell Hull Building for the purpose of screening all applications. Some members of the Commission may participate in this meeting virtually or by conference call.
A public meeting will be held on Monday June 20, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. CDT on the 1st Floor of the Cordell Hull Building for the purpose of interviewing applicants by the Commission.
Thereafter, the Commission will submit three (3) names to the Governor for his consideration to fill the next term of Director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation beginning after June 30, 2022. Members of the Commission:
- David S. Clark, District Attorney General for the 7th Judicial District.
- Mr. Landon Colvard, Jr., Attorney-at-law, Crossville, TN.
- Mr. Jeff Puckett, Director of Investigations for the Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury and previously Deputy Director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
- D. Michael Dunavant, Chief Investigative Counsel for the Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury,
and previously United States Attorney for the Western District of Tennessee and District Attorney
General for the 25th Judicial District of Tennessee.
- Guy R. Jones, Executive Director of the Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference.